WHAT ARE COOKIES?
They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our websites. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our websites and to help you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our websites and elsewhere.
HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- Auldontoys, or on behalf of Auldontoys, and are necessary to enable you to a make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes; and
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of M&S.
WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are: –
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to on-line transactions and site navigation.
- For Auldontoys to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
- To enable Auldontoys to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
- To enable Auldontoys meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
- For Auldontoys to monitor the success of its recruitment campaigns when applying for advertised roles.
HOW DO I DISABLE COOKIES?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below: –
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
- Click on the “privacy” tab
- Select the setting the appropriate setting
- Choose Settings> Advanced
- Under “Privacy and security,” click “Content settings”.
- Click “Cookies”
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on “Remove all Website Data”
- Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
- Click on the icon “privacy”
- Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
- Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.